NASHVILLE – Downtown Nashville will be making a few traffic adjustments in preparation for “The 46th Annual CMA Awards,” airing on the ABC Television Network, Thursday, Nov. 1 (7:00-10:00 PM/CT) from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. Production set-up for the CMA Awards will require special traffic patterns.
Saturday, Oct. 27
- Beginning at 8:00 AM/CT, Demonbreun Street will close between Fourth Avenue South and Fifth Avenue South.
Monday, Oct. 29
- At 8:00 AM/CT, Sixth Avenue South will close from Broadway to Demonbreun Street.
- At 8:00 AM/CT, Demonbreun Street will close from Fourth Avenue South to Seventh Avenue South.
- At 8:00 AM/CT, Fifth Avenue South will be closed from Demonbreun Street to Broadway.
Thursday, Nov. 1
- At 8:00 AM/CT, Demonbreun Street will close from Fourth Avenue South to Eighth Avenue South.
- At 8:00 AM/CT, Seventh Avenue South will close from Demonbreun Street to Broadway.
- At 8:00 AM/CT, the right lane of Fourth Avenue South will be closed between the Downtown Hilton and Korean Veterans Blvd.
Demonbreun Street will re-open between Fourth Avenue South and Seventh Avenue South no later than 12:00 AM/CT on Saturday, Nov. 3. Fifth Avenue South and Sixth Avenue South between Broadway and Demonbreun will re-open no later than 12:00 AM/CT on Saturday, Nov. 3. All other roads will re-open no later than 2:00 AM/CT on Friday, Nov. 2.
Full 2012 CMA Awards details, including nominations and performers are available at CMAawards.com, which also includes CMA Awards history, a searchable database of past CMA Awards nominees and winners, host information, merchandise, and much more. The CMA Awards Store has T-shirts, hoodies, hats, mugs, tote bags, and more official merchandise for fans to purchase online. Fans can connect with CMA online at Facebook.com/CMA, Twitter.com/CountryMusic (#CMAawards), YouTube.com/CountryMusicAssoc, Pinterest.com/CMAworld, and by downloading the free CMA Awards app available for iPhone and Android. October is Country Music Month. Learn more at CountryMusicMonth.com, and join the conversation on Twitter using official hashtag #CountryMusicMonth.
“The 46th Annual CMA Awards” is a production of the Country Music Association. Robert Deaton is the Executive Producer, Paul Miller is the Director, and David Wild is the writer. The special will be shot in high definition and broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound.